Friday, May 29, 2009

My Grandmother's 80th Birthday Cake









My Grandmother was having a party for her 80th birthday over Memorial Day weekend and I was asked to make a cake for her. It was such an honor to make my Grandma's birthday cake. 80 years is a special age and it was a very special day to celebrate. As you can see in the first picture, pink and pink roses was the theme for the cake table. The cake was a half-sheet cake with white cake and snow white buttercream icing. The roses are gumpaste and I added little iridescent stones and pearls to accent them. Her initials on the cake in the center are made from a mixture of gumpaste and fondant and they are brushed with pink luster dust. I will say, it is difficult to travel 3 1/2 hours with a cake....let alone when there is not a toddler sitting next to it. But I am so glad that it got there in one piece. Most importantly, my Grandma loved it and that makes me proud. Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma!!

1 comment:

  1. You make the BEST roses. They are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete