Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ginger Cookies


I'm typically a chocoholic when it comes to cookies, so most of the time I find myself looking for recipes that have some form of chocolate in them. However, recently, I've been dreaming of fall because I am NINE months pregnant and WISHING for cool weather. So, to get me in the spirit, I found this awesome recipe for ginger cookies. Most of the time when you think of ginger cookies, you think of a crisp, hard cookie. But these are just the opposite. They are still thin but oh so chewy. And I'm a big fan of chewy.

I have to admit, these are cookies that are best around Christmas time, but I found a way to bring a little bit of summer into them. I whipped up some lemon cream cheese filling to make them into a sandwich cookie. The lemon really does help to tone down the spices that are in the cookie. (which are ground cinnamon, ground cloves and of course, ground ginger) So, even if you aren't a huge "spice cookie" fan, these can still become a favorite.




Here is the link below to the recipe...


TIP: Before baking them, I read the reviews and most people said to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling into balls and it really did help. I also did NOT flatten the cookies before baking. I left them rolled into balls and then just popped them into the oven.

Happy baking!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, you got this recipe from my favorite website! If Jett would hurry up and come on, I bet I could get a taste of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo can't wait for fall! Thanks for this wonderful recipe. I like chewy cookies too. :-) Can your next project be baking bread? I think that just might help usher in those fall temps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you be willing to share the lemon cream cheese filling recipe you created to turn these into sandwich cookies?

    ReplyDelete