Monday, October 19, 2009

No-Bake Cookies



Now, I know these cookies are probably the easiest cookies to bake, but finding a good recipe can be challenging since there are so many versions of this cookie out there. I tried a different recipe before these that called for marshmallows. They were good, but had more of that marshmallow flavor than the deep chocolate flavor that I love so much. So, I found this recipe and in my opinion, they turned out great. For that deeper chocolate flavor, I added dark chocolate cocoa instead of regular cocoa and I liked it much better.

No-Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa (I used dark chocolate cocoa)
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

Put sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a pan and boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Boil for 2 1/2 minutes or longer, stirring frequently. Drop on wax paper or buttered cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment