Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Cake



3 layered strawberry cake with white buttercream icing and covered in white fondant. Sitting on a cake board covered in fondant wrapped in pink ribbon. Plastic pearls strung on thread around the bottom. Fondant bow on top dusted with pink luster dust.

This was a very fun cake to make. It took about 8 hours total from baking the first layer to taking the pictures of it. Some people can't believe that I would spend that much time working on a cake....well, for no one really....except family. But I find this to be so much fun. I am an artist at heart and to work with my hands again is truly exhilarating. I have had a lot of people comment on the bow. I am attaching a video from YouTube that I found on how to create this bow and wanted to share with you all. Hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment