Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lemon Glazed Blueberry Pound Cake



This is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite recipes that I have found. And I have added a small touch to it that really gives it some extra zip. I have made it several times and it was always a big hit. Plus, SO easy to make. My mom had given me some home grown Mississippi blueberries and I used them in this recipe. YUM! The lemon glaze is what I invented to drizzle over the top. It really does give it that extra tang to go with the blueberries.

This pound cake is baked in a tube pan.

Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Cake
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pint fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen, thawed

Glaze
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325ยบ

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat. Dredge berries in remaining flour. Gently fold floured berries into the batter. Grease and dust a tube pan with confectioner's sugar or flour; pour batter into it. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until it tests done.

Once cake has cooled, take out of the pan and place on cake plate. Stir confectioner's sugar together with lemon juice and drizzle over the top of the cooled cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment